Is it considered another blog in the #100daystooffload challenge if I do two blogs in one day?
Ugh. I am trying to manage my time properly and you don't know how much time you've been wasting on a daily basis until you start tracking it. 6 hours ago I had to write a 3 paragraph essay on a particular aspect of Shakespeare's Macbeth, and so far I'm two sentences in. Other than that essay, according to my browser history I've also:
- Tried to figure out how to do VNC in a browser
- Looked into Apple's ethics section, and how they are really totally an ethical company, as well as looking at some of their devices
- Installed Ad Nauseam again
- Looked for a time-tracking app, went through 3 alternatives
- Played some guitar and some trumpet
- Looked at 2 videos of what happens when you practice every day for a year
- Thought about setting up a personal wiki using emacs org-mode
- Looked at some old anarchist blog I used to follow when I was actually an anarchist
- Looked at YunoHost
- Tried to figure out how to do math in Bash
- Looked at how to set up a gaming PC for x dollars
- Looked at CowLicks
- Looked at the benefits of writing regularly (these are in reverse order by the way, around this time I also wrote the first blog post today)
- Made an Outlook account (what the fuck?)
- Looked at the first domain name ever registered
- Looked at the Uyghur “genocide” (still looking into that)
- Looked at the world's tiniest programming language (sectorlisp)
- Played Wordle
- Scrolled through tons and tons of koyu.space throughout the day.
ADHD is a bitch. That's just today.
I really want to say that it will get better with time, but it has only gotten marginally better in the 13 years that I've been alive that it's been a problem (I'm 18, I'm not counting when I was <5 because I wasn't trying to do anything productive probably)
I have so much that I want to do, but there's also a ton that I have to do, and I can't get to the things that I want to do if I can't ignore the noise and keep pushing.